Resizing a T-Shirt

We got a great Big Papi t-shirt as a Red Sox giveaway last year. I decided to try and downsize the XL so it could fit Conor. I tried to make it about a size 10, using an 8 as a model and being generous with cutting, but I neglected to be generous enough with the sleeves. I also kept it longer because I didn’t want to hem through the design.

Measuring and committing


Pinning the sleeves


I think I overcompensated the size because I didn’t want to make it too small!!!


This was a fun project. Nerve-wracking, but fun. It will fit Conor well in about a year. He wore it already, so that’s a great sign. I’m also pleased it fits me! A bit tight on the upper arms and shoulder, and a bit shoddy underarm, but I learned a lot!

Advertisements

One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s