The boys were sad to take down our Halloween gel window clings this season, so I tried to find some nice Thanksgiving ones but was unsuccessful (I was being picky). Then I saw a Pinterest link to making your own window clings. Yay! This was a perfect opportunity to keep up Eoin’s interest in science and messy things.
Once we had the solution, Eoin started mixing the colors.
The solution solidified at an angle, so some of it was too thick and did not work out. Next time I will also reduce the water amount by about half a cup, and I will oil the tray first so the shapes are easier to extract. While it was a bit of a failure, we learned a lot and will definitely do it again.
Plus leftover gelatin is really fun to squish and play with!